Through our various Forums, presenters have a multitude of
opportunities to get into the right room with the right audience. In
order to help you capitalize on this opportunity, please review the
guidelines below as you prepare your materials.
Depending on the Forum, audiences range from intimate 20-person
highly interactive groups to larger 125-person seminar-style groups. It
is our objective to keep our meetings as interactive as we can given the
size of the audience - engaging everybody, including the participants.
Telecom Council meetings generate as much value from networking as they
do from podium content, so we hope and expect our speakers to stay for
the duration of the meeting.
All speakers should receive an email with a subject line "Presenter Details" from Marianne Rivera, who manages our speakers. This email contains all the details you'll need to maximize your engagement with the Council, including important deadlines, timing information, expectations, etc. Please review this information completely. If you have questions for Marianne, please contact her via Email or by calling the office at +1-408-834-7933.
Please note the following guidelines to assist with your
- Understand your Audience: All members, particularly the
Service Provider and Investment Forums, are well-informed executive
professionals. Assume they know what is going on in the industry, and
be prepared to present to them accordingly. More information on the Forums is available
- Demos always go over well with this audience so try to
incorporate this into your presentation. Do your demo at the beginning
of your time – this puts everything else in context.
- Promote Your Involvement: Every start-up invited to present has already been screened by
one of our Steering Committees, indicating that you are a company to
watch – whether you're AT&T or StartUp.com. Many companies
will not have their speaker's application approved due to greater
demand than supply. If selected, we encourage you to promote your
Telecom Council presentation using Telecom Council and Forum logos
- Material Distribution:
- Startup presenters at Investor Forum or Service Provider Forum meetings are welcome to bring material to distribute to participanats. To distribute your handout materials, please check the live
attendee list (through our website) the day before the meeting to learn
how many copies to bring. Most participants are local and register in
the 10 days before the meeting, so the attendee list will grow until
the day prior to the meeting. Expect 90% of registered attendees to be
present for any given meeting, and many more to view your slides in the
access-controlled member library. For this reason, also be sure to
include a slide in your presentation with your contact information.
- Presenters participating at non-Service Provider or Investor Forum meetings (i.e. Mobile Forums, etc) are not permitted to distribute materials via seat drop. You are welcome to bring materials to present to interested parties during networking, but the right to distribute at these meetings is saved for our sponsors.
- Time Management: Depending on the Forum, presenters have a 5-30 minute slot; we
suggest you allocate 5 minutes to Q&A which is often done in
interaction during your presentation. Your presentation time will be
listed on the meeting's web page. It is important to note if you are
sta6 rted late you will be given your full time, but you may be cut off
if you run over.